Thursday, June 18, 2009

Adjustments and smiles

Well the time has come in my relationship with Leanne, that we have decided for her to move in completely. Her condo, which in reality was not lived in for the last 3 months is now empty. We rented a truck on the weekend and moved in all of her furniture and bigger stuff. I am a hundred percent sure of our relationship and I am tickled that she wants to be a part of my life and for us to start building memories together. I love that saying..."Building Memories". Everytime we do something, go somewhere, or just experience something new we are building memories. Each new day brings new memories and things we can talk about, learn about, and build on.

The amazing thing that Leanne and I are starting to learn about each other is that we are able to talk to each other without judgement or fear of retribution. That doesn't mean we always will agree with each other, but more that we listen to each other and communicate. I know that Leanne never had that luxury in her marriage and she is just now beginning to see the benefits of open communication. For me, I was always trying to protect my ex so a lot of times I wouldnt even mention things. Kinda silly and in the long run very detrimental to a relationship.

We have been together now for almost 6 months and I realize that this isnt really a long time but the very cool thing is that we have yet to have an argument, disagreement or any upsetting moments. We have been able to seperate the important issues, talk about them, keep them open and work it out together. I guess that is what love is. Being open, honest, respectful so with that comes such a deep understanding and love for each other. I love loving Leanne. She makes it so easy to be me. I lived my life for so long trying to be someone I wasnt that when I did try and be myself, Bonnie would panic because she thought something was wrong. I would then stop what I was doing and then feel resentful and shutdown myself. This was not Bonnie's fault and I am not blaming her one bit. It was something in me that I felt I had to do. With Leanne I dont need to do that. I can be myself and she loves me for that.....how freaking cool is that?

I am looking forward to a life with Leanne, building the memories and love that time together does put forth. She makes me smile. I stare at her all the time, watching her, drinking in her beauty, capturing the little things in her face that make me all tingly. She has an amazing little quirky grin that melts my heart everytime I see it. Even now as I write this, I find myself getting butterflies just thinking about it. Next time you are around her, see if you notice this little smirk. It is so damn cute.

As we go about our daily routine, I do find that I have to make adjustments. Not life altering adjustments but the typical, "hey, I have someone else in my life" type of adjusments. No more do I have the ability to just do whatever I want. I have to be aware of someone else and thier needs and wants. This is the adjustment that I am faced with. I love it tho, as I find myself just doing the things I need to do without actually even thinking about them. Leanne enables me to just be myself and with that comes such an ease of life that it makes you yearn to do more and more.

Thank you Leanne for just being yourself... !!! I love you !!!

This is my fire.....a poem by Rob

so much laughter, so many smiles
reminds me of my childhood, a road of many miles

we look back on our lives and we think of the time
we cry, we laugh, we smile, maybe write a rhyme

for when we think of those days, not really that long ago
you have to smile, for now, we have made it so.

two hearts beating together, blood flowing strong
my desires and needs, all together, it wont be long

I need to feel your arms, and your lips next to mine
as we learn about each other, maybe over a glass of wine

soon we will get a chance, a chance to learn
I want you, I need you, you make me yearn

time will tell, it will show you my desire
burning deep and hot, this is my fire...

Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Oh babe, I really shouldn't read this at work. People walk by my nurses station and see tears streaming down my face and wonder if I'm ok. I answer, never better!
    It's so true about our communication. Thank you for helping me find myself again and coming back into my life. I will never let you go again.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete