Saturday, June 20, 2009

Remembering the important things

As I woke up today, I realized the moment I opened my eyes that today means far more to me than I imagined. Today is the day that a group of us gather (as we do every year) to remember a friend from our younger years that passed away on Valentines Day almost 2 decades ago. Tom Levy was a guy that had a smile for everyone. Never a bad thing to say about anyone, he was a really great guy. So our little group usually gets together close to Valentine's day and plays a round of golf in Tom's memory. Lots of fun, and usually by the end of the 9 holes we are all shittered and having a good ole time.

Tom....here's to you my friend. I know you can see us, so keep an eye on my golf ball for me...lol.

This weekend also is a time to remember and glorify one of our parental units...aka...Dad. So often we go about our lives, just doing the things that it takes to survive and make a life for ourselves. What we don't remember is the important things. Family is something that we all take for granted and we don't always take the time to ensure that the ones that are close to us know how we feel or that we care. We know we love our family, but how often do we take the time to call up dad, grandma, etc. and just say hi or I love you. It means so much to our parents and such and that little gesture goes so far to just ensuring and solidifying their love.

Dad, I love you man.....!!!! Happy Father's Day !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet babe, you sure would have made a good daddy. Well, there will always be grandkids for us to spoil :)

    ReplyDelete