Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Full Moons and Shooting Stars

Did anyone see the full moon last night? Wow, what a sight it was. I love it when the summer skies are clear, and the moon is out in full force. I had to work last night, and it was tough as I didnt go to work during the day. I woke up yesterday with a nasty headache and decided to call in sick. Leanne was gone for much of the day at appointments, and also cleaning her condo. It is finally all done and now ready for rent.

Do you know anyone looking for a nice 2 bedroom Townhouse/Condo in Langford. Very sunny, bright, corner suite with water included. $1300/month. Let us know as we would like to have it rented by the end of the month.

So as I was saying, I didnt see much of Leanne and I just took it easy at home. Puttered around in the afternoon and then got a call from Leanne. She had rented a carpet cleaner, got it home, and set it all up, and bammo....it wouldnt turn on. No matter what she did she couldn't get it to work. She even took the switch apart to see if there was a problem. No dice. She calls me and asks if I can come down and help her with it. So off I go, to save the damsel in distress. I arrive at the condo, and look down at the machine and hit the button. Boom!!!!!, it comes on. I have to tell you the look on Leanne's face was worth more than anything. I started to laugh my ass off as she swore up and down that she had done the same thing as me. Oh well, we got the carpet clean and she was a happy camper. Her knight in shining armour saved the day....woohoo!!!!!!!

I then had to head out to the Waddling Dog Pub to run one of my poker venues as my guy Ian was away. I really like working the Dog for poker. The room is great, the staff are wonderful, and the players are always so nice. This was and always will be my favourite venue. It was the first place we did business with in regards to poker and is still going strong after 4 years. What a great night. After chatting with old friends, staff and such the poker started and went along as it always does. No issues, no problems, and by 10:00 pm I was dealing the final table. At 10:40, Dave Barton took it down beating out Pat Zimmel. As I packed up the night I was reminded of all the nights I had worked there in the past and it certainly had me feeling a little melancholy.

I finally get out of there by 11:00 pm, I called Leanne and she was just heading to bed and I settled in for the 50 minute drive home. I looked to my left and was treated to the most amazing full moon I have seen in a long time. I asked Leanne on the phone if she could see it, and lo and behold she was staring at it at the exact same time....very cool.

Summer time is my favourite time of year. Clear, warm skies, late nights in the arms of my gorgeous girlfriend, around the campfire and trying to find shooting stars. Now that is the perfect evening to me. I so look forward to this as we head out on our trip in 2 weeks. Rocky Mountains look out. Rob and Leanne are coming to get ya....;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment