Thursday, July 16, 2009

There comes a time in your life and it happens to everyone that you just have to give kudos and thanks to that one person who seems to always be there for you. That person just seems to always have a way of making you feel better by lending a hand, maybe some advice, or just being a friend.

Over the years I have had many opportunities to experience this and last night was no different. I was going over my checklist of things I needed to do for our holiday and one of them was to get the wheel bearings checked on my trailer. I almost forgot about it and it fleetingly came to me during the day yesterday. Now if I hadnt got this done we may or may not have had some issues on our trip. Seized bearings is not something you want to have happen while on the road because ultimately you will break down somewhere in the most inconvenient place. We are heading thru the rockies and I can only imagine the grief we would have had if they hadve decided to sieze up on us.

So I called the one guy that I know that always seems to be there for me. My brother Dan. He is an amazing man who is always willing to lend a hand, or go out of his way to help out. I can never tell him enough how much I have appreciated his help over the years and last night was no different. As it turns out the bearings were indeed in some much needed servicing. They probably would not have made it the whole trip. He had them torn apart and repacked with grease, inspected and done in about 45 minutes. We supplied them with a wonderful Steak bbq dinner with all the trimmings and a nice bottle of vino. Wonderful evening!!!!

So Dan, from Leanne and I, from the bottom of our hearts........Thank you, we love you man. You truly are the best brother I could have ever hoped for. Keep up the good karma as good things will happen to you as well. I just hope I can repay the kindness and helpfulness that you have sent my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment