Friday, July 3, 2009

A smile opens many doors

I thought a poem today is in order. I have written a lot of poetry over the years, and have come to the realization that I should start a greeting card business. When something comes to us that is so easy, it isn't difficult to realize that we should take advantage of it. All we need is inspiration and as of lately the inspiration for me has come in the form of the most wonderful thing to have come into my life. Leanne you inspire me to new heights and your ability to make me smile is unbelievable.

If we could only pause the moments in our lives that make us smile
we would appreciate them more, even just for a while

For when we look at those things, we need to stop and take it all in
giving thanks to those responsible, you cant help but grin

Our friends, our families are the ones that matter the most
without them, our lives, our hearts, our souls... a ghost

So smile when you see them, give them a hug or three
you will be amazed at what comes back to you, and it is all free

Each day that I live, is a day to cherish and hold
Leanne is my world, I love our bond, it is ours to mold

Hold together the fine strings of your heart and soul
They are the tools of life's music we produce, notes of love that could fill a bowl

So today when you are about your daily business and chores
take the time to smile at everyone, it is free, and opens many doors

No comments:

Post a Comment