Saturday, July 4, 2009

So much to do, so much to see

Wow, where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday that Leanne and I started dating. We just celebrated our 6 month anniversary on July 1st. Now that may seem sappy, and a little funny to some but to us as each day, each week, each month that we are together brings us closer and closer to each other's hearts. I took Leanne out to the Stone Pipe restaurant in Sooke for a nice meal. We had heard a lot about it, and to tell you the truth, it was amazing. They have a great little restaurant there. I had some Asian noodle dish that I think is called Pad Thai, and Leanne had a prawn curry dish. These were both recommended by the waiter. Both of these meals were absolutely fabulous. We followed that up with Hot Apple/Berry Crumble and ice cream. YUMMYYYYY!!!!!!!!

So now here are Leanne and I working on the next 6 months of our journey. We have done so much, seen so much, experienced so much with each other over the last while, that I am looking forward to things slowing down a bit after summer is over. Lazy days, mowing the grass, bbq'ing, having friends and family over seem to be what I am yearning for. Once the craziness of our house being built is done then we can relax some more. There is so much to do and so much that needs to be finished that it is overwhelming at times. I still have boxes to unpack yet....yikes.

The landscaping is the next big job for the house. I think it is being started and hopefully finished next week. The big dig to run the sprinkler lines will happen then and Leanne's daughter's BF Nick has been hired to do the dig. I don't relish this job for him as it will be a hard one, but he seems to be up to the task. Woohoo. I am getting tired just thinking about it...he he.

Once that is done then the final landscaping can get put in. Sod, bark mulch and plants will then be put down and away we go. Leanne is in charge of the gardens and getting them sorted out. She says she is an avid gardener, and I know she will do a fine job. The fish pond or sushi bar as I call it, is almost complete as well. I just have to install the filter box and run the pump into the pond and away to the races we go. The pond should be an amazing feature of the house, as it has a two tiered waterfall. Very beautiful once running and then the plants put in. I am so excited to see all of this getting done. I can hardly wait for it all to be completed.

We leave in just over 2 weeks to head out on our 3 week journey to Sturgis. We are going to visit my family first in Chetwynd which is in northern BC, and then camping in the Rockies while making our way to Calgary to visit with Leanne's family. Once that has been done we are off to Sturgis, South Dakota for the 69th annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. Half a million bikers congregate on an area that is not much bigger than the lower end of Vancouver Island. To be there experiencing the biker culture, the camaraderie and the fun, is something that every biker needs to do and see at least once in their lives.

So much to do, so much to see, but most important is that we are together. Leanne Robertson, you are my world. I love ya babe

2 comments:

  1. Love you too sweetie! Thanks for the last, fantastic 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if I hadn't seen you two with me own eyes I'd not beleive this was anything but schmaltz - like something from a Harlequin romance novel...but I have seen you both....and I'm admitting to some small envy here...

    Congratulations on your first 6 months...here's to another 15 or 20 or 100 more Six Month Anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete