Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pitter patter.....

I find myself reflecting on my life a lot lately. I guess with where my life's path has taken me, I can't be surprised at how it has turned out. I was blessed to have had a woman in my life for a long time that was my best friend. Things did change but I only regret that we lost our friendship that we had. Now I am faced with a future that not only looks bright but is filled with the aspects of a lot of things that I never would have had the opportunity if I had stayed in my marriage. Leanne has two beautiful daughters, Jamie 16 and Jessica 19. I imagine at some point that they will get married, have kids, and life's circle continues. Unfortunately, my ex couldn't have kids and I was ok with that and it amazes me how quickly things change.

I have always wanted kids and it was a huge adjustment for me to succumb to the realization that I wouldn't have kids of my own. Now, with Leanne in my life I have the opportunity to live vicariously thru her daughter's kids, if indeed they do have kids. I often dream about having little rugrats in the house and the fun that kids do indeed bring into your life. To mold and shape and be able to help a child become a good person is a challenge that I am truly up for and I say bring it on. To be involved with a child is such an exhilirating thought to me that I cant help but smile when I think about it.

I am pretty sure I would make a good Dad or Grandfather. Kids seem to gravitate towards me, to be honest, I am not really sure why. Maybe it is cuz they can bounce on me like a trampoline....hehehe. The joy and pleasure I get from seeing kids do what they do is like a drug to me. I can't help but smile and shed a tear, even as I am writing this, when kids come to mind. From the excitement of watching your childs first sporting event, their first skinned knee, the first time they are able to peddle a bike on their own are all things that I yearn for. Even now, I am taken back a little with Leanne's daughters. I find myself slowly developing a relationship with them and a bond is starting to grow. I think it is mutual, but it is early yet and over time I hope that I can help them both on their roads to becoming good, productive, loving, respectful woman.

Some day, little feet will be pitter patting down my hallway. I truly hope sooner than later...

1 comment:

  1. You will be an amazing Grandpa babe, so much love to give.

    ReplyDelete